Saturday, October 20, 2007

Things I do NOT have a problem with

Recently Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) made some heated comments on the floor. He said "You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people, if we could get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their head's blow off for the president's amusement."

I just want to say thank you to Representative Stark for saying what I think many of us think. I am disappointed by the lack of support that his fellow democrats seem to be showing him.

I try not to blindly align with one side or the other, since I think both sides have been less than effective in recent times. We need more straightforward, honest, and heartfelt dialogue like what we have heard from Representative Stark.

A message to our government. Quit telling us what you think we want to hear. Tell us the truth. Stand up for your beliefs, unpopular or not. We are all big kids. We can take it.

No comments: