Friday, October 19, 2007

Just in time for Halloween!

We've just had a nice murder in my neighborhood. It happened across the street and up one from my house.



















Bonus Question: Without reading the article, identify which of these two people where the victim.


Here is video from Channel 4.

Here is Channel 5 video. If you see the little Black Scion XB in the driveway, that is my house.

Here is Channel 11, which I highly recommend watching the video for the great cameo appearance by my buddy ******* ********.

Here is the full article link from the paper and I have copied it here since the paper usually deletes them after a while.

ST. CHARLES COUNTY — A St. Charles County man said he strangled his girlfriend in a "meth-induced rage" Tuesday morning and stashed her body in the trunk of her car, authorities said Thursday.Michael E. Estep, 27, of the 1000 block of Providence Pointe Drive near Wentzville, was charged with first-degree murder in the strangling of Tamera Hauser, 47. Estep was being held Thursday in lieu of $500,000 bail.Lt. Craig McGuire of the St. Charles County Sheriff's Department said Estep told investigators he had been using methamphetamine for "three or four days" when he and Hauser began arguing.Sheriff's Detective Jana Walters said in a court document filed Thursday that Estep admitted he strangled Hauser, duct-taped her at her ankles, arms and waist, then put her body in the trunk of her car parked in front of the home where they had been living for the past three weeks.
Advertisement

A co-worker of Hauser's called police about 9:25 a.m. Tuesday, when she did not show up for work. By early afternoon, a missing-person report was being issued to police agencies.Estep called sheriff's deputies about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday and said he had information about a missing person, McGuire said.When detectives arrived at the home Wednesday afternoon, "he was very nervous and acting really weird," McGuire said."One of our officers asked, 'Is she alive?' and he said, 'No,'" McGuire said.McGuire said the couple had known each other for about a year. Estep has no previous criminal record in St. Charles County.The killing is the third in the county this year.Hauser had worked at MTM Inc., a medical transportation company, based in Lake Saint Louis, for seven years.Estep had been working as a cook at the 54th Street Grill in Wentzville, said Mark Wade, 41, an autoworker who had been renting Estep and Hauser a room in his house for the past three weeks.Wade said the couple had been planning to move out Tuesday, and he became worried when he had not seen or heard from Hauser. Wade said he was good friends with Hauser and said she didn't use drugs."Tammy was such a good person," Wade said. "She really had a kind heart."Wade said he is distraught that she may have been strangled in his house while he was asleep."I feel like if I didn't let them stay here, it might not have happened," Wade said.Co-worker Sandra Spooner described Hauser as outspoken and a dedicated worker who loved her two chihuahuas."She was a fun-loving person who took work seriously," Spooner said. "You couldn't help but just love her. We're very sad."Funeral arrangements were pending Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freakin love it. We should have a Mike and Tammy look-a-like coontest for halloween!! What do ya think?!?

Anonymous said...

Must be approved by the blog author? LOL!!!!
So basically you can save face and figure you can block anyone who opposes you. That's cowardess!

Emmett said...

Not at all. I am not anonymous. So I am not hiding behind anything. I would never block someone with a conflicting opinion. If someone would like to speak with me I will more than likely give them my phone # to call. I have virtually no opinions set in stone and if someone can change my mind to their way of thinking, then so be it. I am always open to hearing opinions from others. I do have one question. What would be the "opposition" or conflicting opinion to this article? I'm guessing you feel strongly about something here. Put it out there, I'll approve it as a comment. Of course if I disagree, I will probably respond to your opinion. I simply want to have some control over what appears on MY blog so somebody doesn't throw an ad or spam on here. Create your own blog and you can run it any way you see fit. Thank you for the comment. I would love to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Why are people so worried that he has to approve your damn comment. You are and idiot if you think your opinion will make it to the masses by posting your stupid comment on one person's blog. If you want to be screened then don't post anything.