Monday, November 10, 2008

Said it before saying it again.


"But there are business reasons why we can't sell it in the U.S.," Ford America President Mark Fields. ... "We just don't think North and South America would buy that many diesel cars."

Of course they will buy micro and "b" cars from every other automaker in the world but not Ford. Makes sense. Truth is they simply wouldn't make as much money per unit as they do on F series or explorer. Sad. Ford just doesn't get it.

I would buy one in a second. Keep the price reasonable and people will buy them. Whether gas is $2.00 or $5.00 I would rather put my money somewhere other than in my gas tank.

It looks alot better than say a Yaris or Fit. Keep it as is and under $20,000 and I'll bet it would sell as well as the others. Remember, you don't have to sell a million of the damn things to make it worthwhile.

I almost forgot to mention. It's a diesel, gets about 65 mpg, and supposedly is a blast to drive.

No comments: